Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Spice Cake Cupcakes & Cream Cheese Icing

Last Friday my hubby's office celebrated a birthday & I am always looking for an excuse to bake something... So I asked Laura (the birthday girl)  what kind of cupcakes she wanted.  Her answer: Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Icing!  Yummmm...

So I set out to find a good great recipe for homemade cream cheese icing & of course I hit up my #1 kitchen lady Miss. Paula Deen to find a great amazing one!  Bingo!  Here's the Cream Cheese Icing Recipe if you want to take a swing at it... it's super easy & de-li-cious.


I'm a simple girl most of the time when it comes to baking... unless it's a bread recipe I tend to stick to boxed cake mixes.  I don't claim to make cakes from scratch, so no worries here!  I have more fun doing the "fun" part... making them purdy!

Here's my finished product!  No worries... I won't judge if you lick the screen:)


Thanks to Miss. Paula & my 1mm Wilton tip the result was a happy "Birthday Girl"  who claimed they were the best cupcakes she had eaten to date... SCORE!


No comments:

Post a Comment