Tuesday, January 25, 2011

{Mama's makin' cornbread... naughty cornbread!}

Shhh.... don't tell!  I have been really good with my new diet & exercise plan.  Except for the fact that I'm just not a myself unless I have just baked or cooked something or I have something in mind I want to try.  That's the hard part of being "healthy" or trying to be; you're not supposed to think about food! 

But Kaleb's school hosts a teacher's luncheon day once a month to spoil the teachers a bit... this month is chili & fixins'... yummo!  So I asked a sweet friend if she could suggest any good cornbread recipes, since this is my first month to join in on the fun I'm just bringing a side.  But I wanted it to be yummo too.

Well, Our Best Bites was what was suggested.  We both love the recipes on this site... dunno why
I didn't think of looking there first lol! 

Anyway, my 1st attempt at "Naughty Cornbread" was a delicious success! 


I won't lie... I ate this one!  But.... I did the healthy thing & used 'Promise' spread instead of butter.  That off-sets the calories right?!?

Here's a close-up:


It really is DELICIOUS!!!

If you want to make your own, just follow this {link}

P.S.  You should pre-order your OBB Cookbook... I did as a gift to myself at Christmas:)

Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment