Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sangria anyone?

Peach Sangria anyone?

OK... I am newly addicted to Pinterest & stumbled across two recipes for homemade Sangria.
This one: Peach Sangria via 'The Boston Day Book'


& this one: White Sangria Sparkler via 'Linda Wagner'


Well, I read & re-read both recipes & decided I was going to have a go at it but change it up.  Here is my recipe & I won't lie... it's YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY!


You'll need:
1 bottle of white wine
1 cup *not pictured* peach (or flavor of your choice) schnapps
1 lemonade concentrate
1 liter of club soda *chilled
&
fresh fruit of your choice
*I used a white peach, regular peach, strawberries, kiwi & grapes

I used a gallon plastic pitcher to store mine in over night & a fancier glass pitcher for serving at the party the next day.
Wash & cut your fruit & add to your storage pitcher, then add your bottle of white wine, cup of schnapps, & lemonade concentrate.  Stir.  Then pop your lid on & store in the fridge overnight (or at least a few hours).

I used this wine:

Partly because I think the label is cute... not that "versed" on wine, but a fan of anything cutesy.  And it turned out delicious... so I lucked out!  Come on... it's too cute!  PS, found it at HEB.

When you're ready to serve simply pour your mixture into your fancier pitcher if another is being used & then pour your club soda & stir again.

DONE.

WARNING: I do NOT drink hardly ever & two glasses made me have to sit down.  I may or may not be a wimp, but the other ladies who tried it gave it two thumbs up & said it had a kick.  In my opinion, it had a delicious fruity taste & the club soda add just enough fizz.  This would be a PERFECT summer party drink... for some reason I keep thinking Baby Shower, but that would be no fun for Mom-To-Be, although I'm sure you could use your noggin & adapt it to be a "Virgin" cocktail.
Hope you all give it a whirl while it's still HOT outside... call your girlfriends over, lay by the pool & bottoms up!


No comments:

Post a Comment